Tuesday October 5, 2010
Our house is officially on the market.Â Kind of makes things very real now that our lives will be changing in a dramatic way.Â We thought long and hard about what would be the best time to start listing our house. Â What if we wait too long and we’re ready to go by August but the house hasn’t sold? Â Although we’re still going to need a place to live until we leave next August and if it somehow sells right away we have to decide if we want to rent an apartment or house.Â Matt’s mom has given us the option to stay at her place if we like, and we might take her up on that offer if we’ve got less than six months and can’t rent anything on a month to month basis.
I’m just glad to be giving ourselves enough time where we won’t have to take the first lowball offer just because of a timeline. Â Let it stay on the market until spring. Â As long as I never have to mow the lawn again I’ll be a happy girl. Â So if you do know someone that wants to take this absolutely wonderful place off our hands just after the spring thaw, you let me know.