Everyone needs a hobby and you’d think that collecting stamps in my passport might be mine. It’s not. I do collect currency from each country we visit, but that’s not it either. Nope, I like to collect beer from other countries. Not to be displayed on a shelf anywhere, but enjoyed and then a memento photo that I’ve tried it.
Through our travels I’ve made it my goal to try as many different beers in each country we visit as possible. Sometimes I succeed and have 5-6 different beers to show for each stop, although sadly there have been a few places we’ve either passed through too quickly (Ecuador) or the only local brew was on the other side of the island and out of my reach (Bermuda). Any time I get a chance though I will saddle up to the bar and ask for a local beer.
Much to the agitation of Matt who always seems to prefer a sugary soda over an ice cold beer, I’ve been able to drag him to multiple bars and restaurants around the world, and I think I’ve managed to build up an impressive list so far.
Keep checking back to watch it grow, and who knows, if we ever meet on the water or a shore side pub, maybe we’ll enjoy a cold beer together.
(Some of my photos are on a hard drive that I do not have at the moment, so a few images may be stock photos until I can get to my own again)
- High Rock
- Lighthouse Lager
- Club Colombia
- Bogota Beer Company
- White Tip
- Salva Vida
- Red Stripe
- Dos Equis
- Super Bock
- Heavy Seas – Small Craft Warning; Gift of Bill & Lindsay Sjoblom
- Lagunitas IPA ; Gift of Mark Starbuck
- Alchemist – Heady Topper; Gift of Rich & Cindy Collins
- Mendocino Brewing Company – Red Tail Amber Ale; Gift of Fred Johnson
- Funky Buddha – Blueberry Cobbler; Gift of Kelly W.
- Blackstone Brewing Co. – Strawberry Picnic; Gift of Kelly W.
- Funky Buddha – Floridian; Gift of Kelly W.
- Curious Traveler Beer Co. – Lemon Shandy; Gift of Bo & Allison Cordle
- Elevator Brewing Co. – Bleeding Buckeye; Gift of Bill & Lindsay Sjoblom
- Dogfish Head – Noble Rot; Gift of Ed Zawadzki & Vicky Chertok
- Great Lakes Brewing Co. – Edmund Fitzgerald Porter; Gift of Jack & Crystal Kimble
- Saugatuck Brewing Co. – Bonfire Brow; Gift of Jack & Crystal Kimble
- Small Town Brewery – Not Your Father’s Root Beer; Gift of Travis Johnson
- Golf Beer Brewing – Freddie’s Scandinavian Blonde Ale; Gift of Matt Johnson
- Coppertail Brewing Co. – Free Dive IPA; Gift of John Young
- Dogfish Head – 60 Minute IPA; Gift of John Young
- Bells – Smitten Golden Rye Ale; Gift of Dana Nye
- Wasatch – Last One In Lager
- Four Peaks – Kilt Lifter; Gift of Mike & Barb Gorman
- San Tan – Grapefruit Shandy; Gift of Mike & Barb Gorman